Calling all parents and caregivers!

Looking for healthy snack ideas for your little ones? Well, you've come to the right place!

Crunch a Colour!


I came across a game called Crunch a Colour when I was yet again, browsing the aisles of Chapters. I decided to buy it since I figured it could come in handy in the future when I am a dietitian, or when I have kids of my own.

The description on the box says,
"For less than the cost of a pizza, you can completely change the dynamic at your dinner table! Created by a mom, Crunch a Color™ is an engaging game that gives kids points for eating a balanced and colorful plate of veggies, fruits, proteins and grains. Bonus points for good manners and trying new foods! To win, earn at least 30 points, 3 color cards, and 1 protein card in a meal. Everyone can win! Play the game in one meal, or over the course of a week using the Crunch a Color™ reward chart that is included. Kids have fun racking up points and collecting the veggie characters while trying new foods, learning about healthy eating, and practicing good table manners."


I think this game is a great way to get your little ones to try new foods and learn more about healthy eating. It is important for children to eat a variety of different foods in order to get the most nutrition out of their diets. By serving your kids foods of many different colours, you will be exposing them to a wide variety of nutrients. Vegetables and fruits are a great example of colourful foods that are loaded with vitamins and minerals that will help your kids stay healthy. The Crunch a Colour game will get your child interested in vegetables and fruits, which will hopefully make them more willing to eat them regularly!


You can use this diagram to help you make a rainbow of vegetables and fruits with your kids:







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing Crunch a Color with your readers. I struggled to get my own kids to eat their veggies, and I found that the secret to getting the whole family to eat healthy was to make it fun! Enjoy crunching your colors! - Jennifer

Jenna said...

Thanks for commenting Jennifer! I think it is a great way to get kids interested in eating well. I look forward to using it with my own kids when I'm older :) - Jenna